Oriel Square uses a three-phase model.
We think there are three key phases to any project, and we’re here to help with any or all. We will usually get involved at Phase 1 as an extra mind and voice in strategy, or in Phase 2 to research and develop new concepts. But if you have a project that needs a team with educational expertise that’s signed off and ready to go into development – what we call Phase 3 – then we are equally happy to pick things up from there.
We will work with your senior team to identify and develop opportunities. Typically, you will approach us with:
- a one-line idea for a new project or business
- a need for research: for example, there’s a policy announcement or interesting competitor activity
- an idea that’s had more work, but has never quite got off the ground
- one project more than will fit on your plate.
Typically, at the end of Phase 1, we will deliver proposals with their business case; or the business case against, with recommendations for anything you might look at next.
We will take proposals and rigorously research them, providing a deep understanding of the audience, customer or user needs and how your organisation can best meet them. Throughout the research and concept development phases, we will provide you with the reports you need so that you can incorporate our data into your approval documents or systems. We will work with the right people in your team to make the transfer of our data into your business documents and systems as straightforward as possible.
We will tailor reports and presentations for the different audiences you have (executive board, marketing, sales team, committees, external partners).
We can handle all aspects of project delivery for print and digital publishing, product trialling and research or event production and training. Usually you will have preferred printers, event management or production companies to whom we will hand over the final quality-assured project content for delivery, but we can provide partner suppliers in those areas of the business if you prefer. Up to that point we are happy either to put a team together to deliver all aspects of the project or to work with any preferred partners or in-house teams who you need us to involve. Throughout, we will provide:
- regular schedule updates
- cost updates (where relevant)
- marketing, sales and other abstracts and samples as agreed.
We will deliver content in the format you need for launch.
Working with partner teams
We know that you already have established partners for some aspects of project development and delivery – we will work with them as you would, to get the best outcomes. Alternatively, we can use our trusted partners for market research, digital development, design and page make-up, event management and production.
Where you have in-house specialists and teams, we will make contact as early as possible to ensure that we have excellent communication, and that there is full visibility of time and resource dependency.
We lend you capacity
- No more missed opportunities – we can take you from a line in a cost sheet to reality, and we can pick up a project when you need internal resource elsewhere.
- Predictable costs and schedules – including staged delivery to fit your processes.
- Project oversight – with documents you can share with confidence internally.
When to talk to us
Whenever you like! See us as a complement to your in-house team. We want to talk to you about your objectives, budgets and timescales. We deliver exactly as you brief, or (even better) we can help you with the initial research and design.
- Build an existing brand with us, or let us help you extend an existing brand. Drawing on our own market and industry knowledge, we can read our way into your analysis.
- Get thought and advice from us at any point.